Wit’s Inn has a comfortable sitting room that is available to guests at all times. In addition to a sofa, comfortable chairs and a TV with DVD, there is also a selection of books of local interest highlighting the history and natural environment of Newfoundland.
Breakfast is served in the dining room 8-9 every morning. If you require an earlier breakfast, just let us know. We will ensure there is plenty available for a full self-serve continental breakfast.
Breakfast consists of a starter followed by a main dish. Depending on the meal being served, there may be muffins, cinnamon buns, tea buns or biscuits. Fruit and vegetables accompanying all meals and vary according to season. Juice, tea/coffee and cereal are always available.
Our starters include fruit salad, baked custard, granola and fruit parfait or a fruit plate.
Wit's Inn uses as many local foods as is possible in our breakfasts. We strive to ensure all our food is fresh with the fewest prepared food products used. We also strive to accommodate any food restrictions our guests may have.
The pantry off the dining room is available to our guests at all times. There is a fridge, microwave, kettle, toaster, coffee maker, dishes and utensils available. As well, there is generally some breakfast foods available at all times �? such as, cereal, bread for toast, butter, jam and milk.
During the offseason, we provide a satisfying and healthy continental breakfast.
Main Breakfast Dishes:
- French Toast served with fresh fruit.
- Ham and egg or vegetable strata. Stratas are generally served with wedges of fresh tomato, cucumber or asparagus and a side of toast/croissant with homemade jam.
- Crepe filled with ricotta cheese and fresh fruit.
- Eggs Benedict severed with asparagus �? Sunday only!
- Overnight Vanilla Brulee French Toast served with fresh fruit.
- Poached eggs served with lightly sautéed ham accompanied with sliced tomatoes, cucumber/asparagus and toast with homemade jam.
- Vegetable quiche served with freshly baked croissants and home made jam.
- Scrambled eggs served with sausages/bacon, baked stuffed tomatoes and toast with homemade jam.